Thursday, March 15, 2012

Running for a Cure

Okay, time again to see who is paying attention to my blog posts.

My lovely wife, Nadene, has started training for a 1/2 marathon with Team in Training.  As a part of her commitment, she is raising funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  Those of you who read this blog regularly may be aware that I've done five century or century+ bike rides with TNT and that Nadene has done a couple also.  In fact, we got engaged at the end of the first one we did together!

So here's the deal:  I hereby give you permission to submit an unsolicited sample chapter (not to exceed 25 pages and make it the first chapter in your book), along with a synopsis (not to exceed 5 pages, double-spaced).  It must follow our formatting guidelines, found here:  http://www.zackcompany.com/index.php/content/submissions/manuscript-preparation-guidelines.html.  You must include a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope for a response.  I will read your sample chapter and I will give you my feedback on what works and doesn't work.  If I love it, I'll ask for more. If I don't, you'll know why.  There will be no form rejects!

But here's the catch:  You must contribute $100 to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in support of my wife's efforts.  You must do it by credit card at their site.  And you must include a copy of the receipt they send you so we know you made the contribution.  All contributions go straight to LLS.  They are 100% tax deductible.  Neither TZC nor me benefits in any way.  My wife benefits only because you help her reach her fundraising goal.  (Okay, I benefit if my wife isn't freaking out about reaching her fundraising goal, you got me there.)

Last but not least, please write "LLS offer" on the envelope when you submit.

Here's the link to donate:  http://pages.teamintraining.org/sd/rnr12/nzackt

Thanks!

Z

2 comments:

M. Dunham said...

Man, if I had $100 to give, I would, because that's a great cause with a great 'gift' attached (besides the joy of helping people). Best of luck, and I hope you raise lots of monies. :)

Huntress said...

Ditto M. Dunham.
It is a great cause that I've contributed to in the past. I lost a brother to lymphoma and highly recommend the group raising money for research.
And 'if I had $100 to give, I would'.

Post a Comment

We will not publish Anonymous comments. If you would like to comment, you should sign your comment with your name, city and state, e.g., John Smith, San Diego, CA. Otherwise we will be forced to reject your comment.

Also, please do not query us here or ask if we would "be interested in" your book. Our query guidelines are clearly outlined on our website and you should follow them if you would like us to consider your work.

Thank you.