Friday, December 02, 2011

The November Monthly Round-Up

As a literary agent, the truth is that I'm only going to be in business as long as I keep selling books, and to do that I need books to sell.  Thus, submissions are actually an important thing in my life.  But like everything in business, priorities often shift.  But I do make an effort every month to both make progress on my submissions and also to report to you where I'm at.  So here, without further delay, is...the November Monthly Round-up!

In November, we...

  • Received 68 queries; declined 9;
  • Received 2 sample chapters; declined 12;
  • Received 2 proposals; declined 0;
  • Received 3 manuscripts; declined 1.

As of December 2nd, we have...

  • 166 eQueries to read;
  • 1 proposal to read;
  • 14 full manuscripts to read.

We are currently waiting on the following requested materials:

  • 5 sample chapters;
  • 1 full manuscript.

My goal is to get through all of the eQueries by the end of the year.  I have two of those fourteen manuscripts out with a reader and hopefully I'll be able to look at a couple before the end of the year.

Thanks, as always, for your patience.

Z

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Mr. Z - Little worried here. I should have been in your September snail mail stack. Did my query make it to your desk?

Michelle
Lexington, NC

Andrew Zack said...

Michelle: I don't track queries rejected, only requested. So I can't say if I saw your query, but I don't have one from you in my "Waiting" folder, so I presume I didn't request anything. Then again, if I never got it, I couldn't have requested anything, right?

Z

Post a Comment

We will not publish Anonymous comments. If you would like to comment, you should sign your comment with your name, city and state, e.g., John Smith, San Diego, CA. Otherwise we will be forced to reject your comment.

Also, please do not query us here or ask if we would "be interested in" your book. Our query guidelines are clearly outlined on our website and you should follow them if you would like us to consider your work.

Thank you.