Friday, December 19, 2008

Frakkin' QuickBooks!

If you are a regular reader of this blog, then you know that I've already posted about what a piece of utter crap QuickBooks Pro 2009 is. Then, shockingly enough, the Director of Product Development for QuickBooks posted a response as a comment on my blog! He claimed they were working on fixing things and had already made improvements. All I had to do was download the patch!

Okay, so I did that and I can honestly say that things have gone from bad to worse. Seriously, someone should be fired. Or, better yet, let's have a big old dung-and-feathering party in which we, the users who have invested millions in Intuit's software, get to express our outrage with their piece of crap product by showing a few developers what we feel they have treated us.

QuickFill on downloaded credit card entries still does not work! And worse than not working, it tries to match what you are typing and then fails completely. And then you have to go back and start over again. I am so unbelievably furious about what a piece of junk this version is that I cannot accurately express myself, thought I just called the Office of the President at Intuit and tried. Please do so yourself. The number is 520-901-3280.

I called and told them that QuickBooks 2009 is Intuit's WordPerfect 6.0. If you are old enough to remember, WordPerfect was the world leader in wordprocessing software...until version 6.0. That version was so buggy and so not ready for release that it drove users away in droves. Microsoft offered a competitive upgrade for, I think, $59, and to upgrade WordPerfect to 7.0 was $99. Guess why Word is now the world leader in wordprocessing software? I don't for a second think it's a better program (if WP is working), but it was cheaper and WordPerfect had lost my trust.

I also called the folks at Peachtree today and told them that QuickBooks 2009 users were just looking for a reason to leave the program. I told them they needed to slash their pricing and people would leave QuickBooks in droves to come them. I told Terri from Intuit the same thing. If Intuit ever refunds me my upgrade costs as I've been promised, I will immediately invest that money over at Peachtree.

Sure, switching to a new system will suck. But can it really be worse?

Z

4 comments:

Muse said...

Have you tried GNU Cash? It's open source, free ware accounting software that runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX. Trying it only costs time, so it may be worth a shot.

Anonymous said...

I agree about Quickbooks 2009 it is just an unweildy slow pice of shit.

William McGowan said...

I have been saying for years that Quickbooks is absolute crap. So we upgraded to 2009 for Mac and thought things might get better. WRONG!!! Buggy and full of things that just don't work. It's amazing just how UNSTABLE this product is! But unfortunately our account uses it and we must play along. Given a choice I would drop QB is a heartbeat.

JB, Omaha, NE said...

quickbooks crashed on my new computer, so i reinstalled it on my old computer.

I have to do a "Clean reinstall" almost every time I want to use it.

I am so sick of this software... it is incredibly bad.

Post a Comment

We will not publish Anonymous comments. If you would like to comment, you should sign your comment with your name, city and state, e.g., John Smith, San Diego, CA. Otherwise we will be forced to reject your comment.

Also, please do not query us here or ask if we would "be interested in" your book. Our query guidelines are clearly outlined on our website and you should follow them if you would like us to consider your work.

Thank you.