Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This Site Will Earn You an Immediate Rejection

If you follow this blog, you may be aware that I am vehemently opposed to these websites that go onto my site or other sites and take the information they find there, boil it down to useless categories, and then publish it on their own site, often charging authors to find out information they can get for free. The latest I have run into is firstwriter.com and I have to urge you to stay away from this site. If you found my site through that site, go ask for a refund. Because I will not be accepting any queries or submissions that come from authors who are clients of firstwriter.com. Mentioning them will get you an automatic rejection.

I have repeatedly asked to have my firm removed from this site and they have refused. Click here to read it all in a PDF. Judge their behavior for themselves and if you agree with me, kindly let Mr. Dyson know.

Thank you.

Z




1 comment:

Chiron O'Keefe said...

I'm baffled as to why the site owner refuses to remove your name from their data base.

Oh wait, it's because they CHARGE for information that is freely available elsewhere. Grrrr...

--Chiron O'Keefe
Ashland, OR

Post a Comment

We will not publish Anonymous comments. If you would like to comment, you should sign your comment with your name, city and state, e.g., John Smith, San Diego, CA. Otherwise we will be forced to reject your comment.

Also, please do not query us here or ask if we would "be interested in" your book. Our query guidelines are clearly outlined on our website and you should follow them if you would like us to consider your work.

Thank you.